Friday, March 16, 2012

Little Monkey Birthday Cake

So it's been another crazy, busy day for me... cake, crafting, and a shift at the hospital. The great thing I had my little 5-year-old Maia (Sous Chef), help me clean up! So here is what I have been working on today!

Little Monkey Birthday Cake by ilovedoingallthingscrafty.com

Tomorrow is my friend Karen's son's first birthday... She asked me to make him a monkey themed birthday cake! I think it turned out great! I hope the "little monkey" likes it! Happy birthday Samuel!

Little Monkey Birthday Cake by ilovedoingallthingscrafty.com

More views... this is a 4 layer chocolate and white cake on the inside. Filled with buttercream icing and covered with fondant. Yummy!

Little Monkey Birthday Cake by ilovedoingallthingscrafty.com

Here is how I made the banner... I created the little flags using the draw tools in the Silhouette Studio Designer Edition and then cut them out with the Cameo. I then glued down the top tabs to the twine and then hung it up between two bamboo skewers.

Thanks for visiting!
Ilda




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time and leaving me a comment! I always love hearing from you and I appreciate you stopping by! Hugs, Ilda